- Downingtown East High School, of Exton
- Downingtown West High School, of Downingtown
- Sun Valley High School, of Aston
- West Chester East High School, of West Chester
- Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School, of Plymouth Meeting
- Downingtown STEM Academy, of Downingtown
The grants come from the Community Drug Abuse Prevention Grant Program, administered by the Office of Attorney General to bring an educational program to students, parents and community members on the dangers of the illegal use of prescription drugs, street drugs and underage drinking. The OAG grant program receives its funding from the Substance Abuse Education and Demand Reduction Fund, a repository for fines collected from persons convicted of drug and alcohol offenses, which was established by the legislature in 2002.
The grants help foster community engagement as well. Community members, local officials and law enforcement officers work together to coordinate the events and emphasize the message.
“When students use illegal drugs and participate in underage drinking, we see increases in crime resulting in too often tragic results,” Attorney General Shapiro said. “Reaching students with the right message is part of our work on prevention and public safety across our Commonwealth. Let’s work together and keep proms safe.”