Following Governor Wolf’s COVID-19 disaster declaration for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, our office informed consumers and businesses to send us tips, complaints, and information about price gouging happening in their communities. We follow up on every tip we receive and will take legal action if necessary to make sure this illegal practice does not continue.
Submit a Price Gouging Complaint
Alternatively, you can send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are also welcome.
- Name of product
- Price of product
- Name of store
- Location of store
As of March 28, 2020 at 3:00PM, we have received:
- 3039 total consumer complaints
- 136 cease and desist letters issued
What is price gouging?
Under rules governing a disaster emergency, companies and vendors are prohibited from charging a price for consumer goods that exceeds 20% of the average price to which those goods / services were sold 7 days preceding the date of emergency declaration.
The PA Price Gouging Act:
“It shall be a violation of this act for any party within the chain of distribution of consumer goods or services or both to sell or offer to sell the goods or services… for an amount which represents an unconscionably excessive price.”
Fraud and Scams
If you fallen victim to a scam or fraud in Pennsylvania, during this crisis or before, please get in touch with our office to report it. File a complaint with our office or email email@example.com.
- EMPLOYEES AFFECTED BY CORONAVIRUS Unemployment Compensation or Workers’ Compensation benefits. Read More
- For the latest on cases around the US, visit the CDC website. Read More
- For the latest actions from Pennsylvania on COVID-19, click here.
- For updates from the PA Department of Health, visit their website. Read More
- If you live in PA, medically-necessary COVID-19 testing will be covered for everyone without any out-of-pocket costs. If you’re not feeling well, ask your doctor if you should have a test.
- If you have health insurance through a major provider or a government plan, you’re covered for COVID-19 treatment. It will be free (or very low cost). Get treatment if you’re sick!
- If your insurance isn’t covering COVID-19 testing or treatment, or you have any other concerns about your insurance or healthcare provider, contact our Health Care Section: 1-877-888-4877 or online by clicking here.